Become an Entrepreneur in Finland and launch your business ideas!
Joensuun Reumayhdistys, Siltakatu 20 A 41 b (4th floor), Joensuu
Online Learning Environment
Entrepreneurship Training Face-to-face and online
Becoming an Entrepreneur in Finland aims at providing you with basic knowledge of entrepreneurship – including essential concepts, legal issues and marketing – and helping to enhance your business idea.
The training starts with 2 days of face-to-face studies in Joensuu 2.-3.5.2019. The next 18 weekdays (Mon-Fri) from 6th May onwards will be held as distance learning through online learning environment.
Do you have a business idea?
The training is primarily meant for immigrants who are living North Karelia, are interested in entrepreneurship and have a business idea. You should have know-how and familiarity with the field you are aiming at with your business. Expertise can be acquired via education, work experience and personal interest or hobbies.
Basic computer skills are also required, as well as Internet access and your own computer. If you don’t have a laptop, the teacher will bring you one to be used during the first two face-to-face study days.
The course is held mainly in English. However, a good knowledge of Finnish is required to understand the most important terminology, organisations and networks in Finnish.
Contents of Becoming an Entrepreneur in Finland
- Orientation to studies, skills and requirements
- Business Finnish
- Entrepreneurial qualities
- Definition of business idea – developing an idea into a business plan
- Financing, funding, bookkeeping and financial statements
- Legal issues in SME
- Marketing, sales and communications, web store, social media
- Stages of establishing a company
- Working as an entrepreneur
- Networking and stakeholders
- Risk and crisis management
- Business culture in Finland, understanding business environment
- Making a business plan in My Enterprise Finland environment
- Personal guidance for starting your own business or making career plans
How to Apply
Apply to the Becoming an Entrepreneur in Finland not later than on Sunday 14th April 2019.
- by filling out an online application
- or by filling out a paper application, which is available at the Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Services office).
Students to the course are chosen on the basis of their applications and interviews. Please, take the time to carefully complete your application, because pre-selection of candidates is based on only applications.